The SimplyRaw Potlucks are back! We are very happy to be partnering with our lovely friends over at Prana Shanti Yoga Studio, in the Spirit Room, located directly behind SimplyRaw Express, to restart these wonderful community events.
The potlucks will be take place on the last Saturday of every month (excluding December.)
Admission is FREE!
Please note that the potlucks are open to all — you don’t have to be raw vegan to attend and enjoy. We ask that everyone brings a home-prepared dish enough to feed 8-10 people. It can be as simple as a green salad, guacamole, or a lovely cut-up bowl of juicy fruit. We look forward to seeing you there!
Saturday May 25
6:30 – doors open
7:00 – dinner starts (Sharp)
Location: Prana Shanti Yoga Studio, 52 Armstrong Street Ottawa (directly behind SimplyRaw Express)
Recipes & Ingredients
Every adult should bring a dish *home prepared* at home to serve 8-10 people. Please bring your recipe (so we can share them on the website) with the complete list of ingredients for those with allergies. We’ll be awarding prizes for best dessert & best main dish of the evening, as voted by everyone in attendance.
If you need some suggestions or advice about preparing a raw vegan dish, please check out:
or share recipe ideas at www.simplyraw.ca/phpBB/index.php
- Each adult should bring a home prepared raw food dish (not a bowl of fruit or drinks) of 8-10 adult portions
- Dishes should be 100% raw vegan:
- Fresh fruit & veggies, soaked/sprouted nuts, seeds, legumes, grains
- NO animal products (no meat, dairy, fish, eggs, or honey)
- NO cooking at all (nothing steamed, baked, fried, canned, boxed, etc)
- Dehydrated food below 115 degrees Fahrenheit is acceptable
- NO tofu or soy-derived products (cooked & highly processed)
- NO commercial salad dressings (highly processed & cooked)
- All fruits & vegetables should be properly washed at home & ready to be enjoyed as is. Fruit should be ripe & ready to eat
- Please be conservative with your portions so everyone can try a good variety of food (there’s usually plenty of food for seconds!)
- You need to bring your own dishes, cutlery and utensils
- Dirty dishes are to be brought home to be washed
- Please bring your recipe and list of all ingredients on a card (with your name) to help those with allergies
- Please avoid using perfumes and scented products for those with chemical sensitivities